Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pondering Christmas

Saturday morning, 5 days until Christmas. I find myself wondering if I bought the right gifts, if I wrapped them prettily enough and if I am ready for the holidays. Then, I turn on the news... and all of my petty worries go away.

Things going on in the world are getting out of hand: From movie companies being hacked by a terrorist country to Cuba and US opening up talks to normalize diplomatic relations. A few things I never thought I'd see in my lifetime. I think we are weaker as a nation than we once were. I think we are caving to the wrong people. Nelson and I are in agreement with the Sony hack, but we are in distinctively differing positions with Cuba. Thankfully, we are both intelligent individuals that can actually talk about differing opinions like rational human beings.

I rather just focus on Christmas. Who else remembers the magic of Christmas and what it means to us. The magic of Santa & his reindeer, the birth of Jesus Christ, the happiness of being caught under the mistletoe with the person you love... Can we just take a break from everything and focus on Christmas? That's what I'm going to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment